Amy K. Taylor
159 Springmere Close,
Objective: To use my abilities and experience to promote and help Chestermere, grow, expand and prosper by representing the electorate on City Council and facilitating communication between same.
- 1986-88 Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario. General business (marketing) diploma.
- 1988-1991 McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario. Political theory BA. Main course of study in legal and political theory/philosophy.
- 1998-2000 Algonquin University, Ottawa, Ontario. Legal Assistance Diploma, with Honor’s.
- 1986 - 91 Hamilton Head Injury Family Support Group. Fundraising.
- 1993 - 98 Road Safety Committee, Metcalfe, Ontario.
- Analyzed data from Traffic Collision Information System and Incident reports from Ontario Provincial Police (Manotick). Provided interpretation of data to Transportation Department, City of Ottawa to enhance traffic safety on roads in the southern section of the City of Ottawa.
- 1998-2000 P.O.O.P. (Persons Opposed to Ontario Pollution) which later became O.C.A.P.S. (Ontario Citizens Against Pollution by Sewage). Assisted in the battle of a citizens’ group opposed to the expansion of a local landfill. Also assisted in the community efforts to prevent sewage from being spread upon farmers’ fields which could contaminate the ground water supply. Researched and compiled information for treatment of same in an ecological manner researched and handled the legal angle, discovering legislation that forbade expansion and spreading of same. Liaised with elected and government officials. Addressed Ottawa City Council on numerous occasions.
- 2000-2002 OCAPS (Ontario citizens Against Pollution by Sewage) appeared before Ottawa city council for citizens opposed to installation of a factory pig farm in Sarsfield, Ontario (east of Ottawa).
- 2012-present Toastmasters International. Member of both Inspired Toastmasters and Chestermere Toastmasters completed my Competent Communicator Certificate. Presently working towards my Competent Listener Certificate.
- Organized and ran a Youth Toastmasters Program at the CCRA, 2015.
- 2004 - 2008. Paralegal for Responsible Representation Inc., Ottawa, Ontario, subcontracted to Rod A. Vanier, LLB Ottawa, Ontario
- 1998-2004. Paralegal responsible for pleadings, client interviews and representation in lower courts, Sabina & Associates, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 2000 Real estate Assistant, responsible for documentation, John Quinn, LLB, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 2000. Real Estate Assistant, responsible for documentation, Don Dunlap, LLB, Ottawa, Ontario.
- 2000 Wills, Estates and Corporate Law Assistant, Max Cohen, LLB., Ottawa, Ontario